Thursday, April 2, 2009

Apologies for Technical Ineptitude…

So apparently I am a Twidiot. A gigantic Twidiot, in fact.

Basically, I found out that Twitter was enabling UK Vodaphone (finally) for SMS and Text updates (like the rest of the proper world.) So in my excitement, I went into the “admin” functions of my Twitter account. Upon delving these depths, I found a little function that lets me see EVERYONE who has been sending me direct messages.

Didn’t even know I could do this.
Didn’t even know that people were talking to me/mentioning me directly.
Didn’t even know that I could’ve nay—should’ve been responding in some manner.
Didn’t even know how to respond (until this morning, actually.)

How Rude of me!

HEY—folks @Twitter.com? How about an Effing-Tutorial for us Dumb-asses in the world? Dammit.

In any case, I am using my blog to apologize for my Twidiocy. (Yes, MY BLOG…Many of you know how I like to keep the “temple of my mind” as sacred ground, so I MUST be serious about this.) I will also attempt to respond to all my friends and RadioTiki Listeners (btw: not mutually exclusive descriptors--since all my RadioTiki peeps at are siblings of my soul.)

I only did the mentions from 2009. So, if anyone “said” something to me on Twitter in 2008, I am sorry—I had to cut it off somewhere.
Additionally, I will “stem the tide” of my rudeness by being a bit better on the tweet-response time. I am not a celebrity in any way at all. However, quite a few Listeners to the show have honoured me by following my inanity. The least I can do is provide some inane content.

From Twitter, the evidence for your perusal:
Mentions of @_tomb

1.)wdonohue@_tomb Could be Twitter, could be BT network lag. At least you're not on Deutsche Telekom
tomb: Actually I am on Deutsche Telecom everytime I use my 3G card on the laptop. All the adds are in German--and they are Naughty!

2.)dltabor@_tomb Do you mean @thewholeworld? It has been on here for a while. ;-)about 16 hours ago
tomb: I was too busy following @life_the_universe_and_everything. It's a much better read. :)

3.)wdonohueyou should follow @EMSL, @_tomb, and @hjarche.
tomb: Very kind of you to recommend me, but as I have demonstrated, I am an idiot.

4.)javinchi@_tomb TMI?7:31 PM Mar 6th
tomb: Yes. But, then this has always been part of my problem and my charm. :)

5.)DLGroover@_tomb Ok, so I've heard awesome things about london style curry, but where can I pick some up in the states? Also, WTF is a kebab.5:28 PM Feb 27th
tomb: UK Kebab = Fully Loaded Gyro in the USA. I am NOT the person to ask about Curries over here. I do not understand the national obsession with what essentially amounts to "spicey stew" that you must have over rice or its a mess.

6.)SirBob@_tomb on behalf of Nottingham, we would like to welcome Tiki!12:28 PM Feb 5th
tomb: I LOVE Nottingham. I stay at the Hilton by the big shopping mall and I can walk to "ye olde Trippe" for dinner and many pints! Woo! (I have been temped by the "Robin Hood Experience." Should I?)

7.)DLGroover@_tomb Be sure to link to your morphine-fueled bloggings on your twitter! Also, glad the surgery went well.5:11 AM Jan 28th
tomb: Last round of surgery, the Morphine was a disappointing muse. I wasn't nearly as insipred as I was back in September. However, I was quite annoyed that it stops "other functions", temporarily.

8.)jesscapps@_tomb Glad it sounds like it went well. Freezing over here-literally. :)1:54 AM Jan 28th
tomb: Total success on the surgery. It's April 2nd and I can run, climb, hike, ride a bike. It's awesome. Only weird thing--I can't bend the one leg enough yet to put a sock on like normal person. Gotta stretch that tendon some more.

9.) wdonohue@_tomb Oh, you mean the *joint* resurfacing. Should still get a guarantee, though. They may say it's Teflon, but you can't see it, can you?10:05 PM Jan 26th
wdonohue@_tomb Hope you got a guarantee on that resurfacing - if they just threw some hot patch on there, it's gonna start peeling before spring.10:03 PM Jan 26th
tomb: Just like Chicago in the Winter--first warm day and a truck goes over my noew hip and it pops out, creating the mother-of-all-potholes!

10.)brandonmhorn@_tomb I think there's apps out there that allow you to update everything at once...just saying (I'll look into it for you :)
tomb: please do, but--send me a private email--I will give a a preview copy of my blog about social networks that I am co-writing with UK-Friend who lives in the states.

11.)mostlybob@_tomb Tom, Tommy, Tom! good to see you. :-)7:50 PM Jan 19th
tomb: Bawb, Bawbby, Bawb (phonetic spelling of the Boston Twang.) Brill to be back. Sorry it took 3 months to get back to ya.

12.)DLGroover@_tomb Holy shit, the first new RadioTiki since October! Tom, you need to get on top of these things, shamelessly plug it on twitter! YGFR!5:44 PM Jan 18th
tomb: We really are trying to do it more often, but...it seems that Saturdays work best for the International version. You'd be suprised how hard it is to schedule a Saturday. As it is, we can almost never count on Brad as he is sporting event-junkie.

13.)jesscapps@_tomb - Boo! You poor, poor soul. What ever shall you do. I shant bare(bear?) to think!3:44 PM Jan 16th
tomb: It gives me a warm-fuzzy feeling inside just to know that you were thinking about me. It goes miles toward changing my glum dispositon. :)

14.)brandonmhorn@_tomb are you sure its not your settings? Seems you should be able to get the feed at least.
tomb: Definitely was Vodaphone. Because--now I "should" be getting it.

15.)jeffedsell@_tomb Good to see you on Twitter! (R. Daneel here.)3:11 PM Jan 12th

16.)DLGroover@_tomb Looking forward to the new show, also twitter updates!6:28 AM Jan 12th

17.)brandonmhorn@_tomb nice! thanks for the update.11:03 PM Jan 11th
tomb: Answering 15-17--well, you can see how well I've screwed up this little experiement. :)

brandonmhorn@_tomb Listener bhorn appreciates the inane. That's why he tunes in to Radio Tiki every 1...well 2...no, actually 3(???) months. J/K.
tomb: 'Nuff said. Said well, too, I think! Cheers.


--tomb

1 comment:

crankyassJESS said...

Hooray! Now WTF is a "fry-up"? I'm thinking eggs and bacon-esque?