Saturday, February 7, 2009

A few of my favourite things...

Doing one of my favourite “Tommy-Things”, right now. These are things that are just for me, sort of special, certainly peaceful and provide me moments of introspection. I’ve hinted and/or explained a couple of these things in the past, such as in my blog-piece about happiness and riding trains through the English countryside.

This particular “Tommy-Thing” sounds a bit bourgeois, but I promise you it is not. It only happens when I have to travel for business. Biz-travel occurs more frequently than I’d like, but as it’s necessary I try to enjoy the bits that I can. While it is true that I have shouted the virtues of the English-pub in this very blog, and my love of Real Ales has been clear for years, I do have an…affinity for the perfectly-made-Vodka-Martini, a couple of olives, served frosty cold in a pleasant hotel-bar.

That’s what I am doing right now, writing my little blog, Kettle-One Martini inches from my laptop.

I will edit the piece I wrote last week on Social Network Sites (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) and perhaps post all these together. For now…Martini, and a little bowl of bar-peanuts, mixed with really spicy-cheeto-esque things.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah...i'm getting hooked on martinis as well. I think it has something to do with the fact that i just started teaching and the little buggers make my head pound in a way that only a stiff drink can fix.